The UK Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and the Military Aviation Authority (MAA) have developed a joint Flying Display Director (FDD) Accreditation Course for both civilian and military Flying Displays. To obtain FDD Accreditation, applicants are required to demonstrate their experience in a number of competences and attend an FDD Accreditation Course. Further details can be found in Civil Air Publication (CAP) 403 and Regulatory Article (RA) 2335.
Candidates who successfully complete the FDD Accreditation process will be accredited with one of three Flying Display Tier levels, enabling them to act as a FDD up to that Tier of event.
Who needs to apply and when?
Any person intending to act as a FDD or to be named as such on a Flying Display Permission.
Course Dates and Venues
- 16th January 2020 – Revalidation Course – Defence Academy, Shrivenham
- 1st February 2020 – Revalidation Course – Sywell Aerodrome, Northamptonshire
- 18th-19th February 2020 – Initial/Full Course – Defence Academy, Shrivenham
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 1285 659590
How to Apply
To apply for a place on the CAA/MAA Flying Display Accreditation Course, please click on the appropriate link below. Please note you will require a photograph in jpg, gif or png format to complete the form.