Anyone wishing to act as a Flying Display Director (FDD) in the UK must be appropriately accredited by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and/or the Military Aviation Authority (MAA). A Display Authorisation (DA) holder may also be accredited by the CAA to act as an Airborne Flying Display Director (AFDD). DA holders are advised that from the 2021 Display Season, a CAA AFDD accreditation will be required by those pilots wishing to carry out the role of AFDD.
To obtain FDD or AFDD accreditation, applicants are required to demonstrate a number of competences and attend an Accreditation Course. Flying Displays are categorised in accordance with the requirements contained in CAP 403/RA2335. FDDs must be accredited to at least the same tier as that of the event.
Course Dates and Venues 2021 – 2022
- 14 Dec 21 – FDD Revalidation Course – Defence Academy Shrivenham – Applications closed
- 15 Dec 21 – AFDD Course – Applications Closed
- 15-16 Feb 22 – FDD Initial Course – Defence Academy Shrivenham – Applications Open
- 19 Mar 22 – FDD Revalidation Course – Venue TBD – Applications not yet open
Please note that places may be limited and will be allocated on a priority basis
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 1285 659590
How to Apply
Applications are now open for the courses advertised on this page, and forms can be accessed using the appropriate link below.
Please note that you will require a photograph in jpg, gif or png format to complete the form.